Re: [LUG] OT: spam

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 08:33, Neil Stone wrote:

> Paul Weaver wrote:
> > On Friday 19 September 2003 00:32, you wrote:
> >
> >>You lucky lucky bastard ;)
> >>
> >>so far today I have had somewhere in the region of 60 of these f****rs
> >>of varying types, all of the security patch, update or
> >>mail undelivered variety. This is not good, but thankfully I am on
> >>broadband.
> >

> > Yeah, they are coming in thick and fast now

> > I think I'll add a "if tests contains MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE delete from
> > server" filter - except you cant in kmail, best is moving it to "trash"
> >
> > Got an email from "Silas Monvete., Bank Manager of FirstRand Bank Limited
> > ,South Africa" too, so the normal spam train hasnt stopped :D
>
> Whats this spam thing you are all on about ?
>
> *casts memory back* Oohh... i remember,, thats the think i got right
> before i used ASK and SpamAssassin...
>
> Simple yet effective, like a nuclear bomb...

Unfortunately I am not getting spam at the moment, spam would be easier
to deal with, but they haven't found this address yet.

I am just getting hammered with windows mass mailing viruses,
I just downloaded my mail, out of 245 mails in my inbox 2 were legit
the rest were windows mass-mailing viruses. I hate to think what that
would have been like if I was still on a dial-up account, but it is
still annoying despite being immune and having a decent connection.

I think my address has been harvested from usenet, as I use a valid
reply-to:, which only goes to show that even viruses are smarter than
spammers ;)

--
James
jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." DNA (HHGTTG)