Re: [LUG] Simple Photo Editor

Dear Neil,

> I had a quick look at pinta this morning. It was not in my repos so I
> tried a separate install. And yes it did crash almost at once.

Sorry to hear that, Neil. I was initially surprised to hear from you
that Pinta hasn't been packaged for your distribution. However, after
looking at its Repology page it seems as if this is, unfortunately, not
uncommon. Although major distributions such as Debian and Fedora package
it, those and most others have outdated versions of Pinta.

https://repology.org/project/pinta/versions

I'm intrigued to see what the error message you got was - if you have
time, please could you run

pinta &> pinta-log.txt

in a terminal and send the pinta-log.txt file?

Best wishes,

Sebastian