Re: [LUG] Etiquette was Re: Lightening this morning ...

On 07/01/14 18:05, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Simon Waters wrote:

Still trying to work out if Gordon is offended or is just taking the
Michael out of those who would correct him over pedantries or both.

The former, not the latter.

All through my school days I was continually reprimanded by my teachers
for my dreadful spelling and handwriting. Dyslexia hadn't been invented
at that point - neither had computers. So I was continually told I'd
never do well.

I found that quite hard to bear at school. Marks deducted from a maths
exam because I spelt something wrong. That sort of thing. (And yes, that
used to happen - I was physically abused with the belt and yard stick
and verbally abused for being a rotten writer).

I did not mean to offend you at all, so I apologise. The 'note spelling' bit in parentheses was just a by-the-way sort of comment, nothing more. That is a fault of mine, that I happen to notice errors too easily. (My wife often tells me off for moaning at the TV when a foreign word is incorrectly pronounced.)

Sorry,

Neil