Re: [LUG] OpenOffice.org )-:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 08:40:35AM +0000, Roland Tarver wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Gordon Henderson
> <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So wifey has been getting along with Linux for some months now and in-genral
> > most things are fine... owever she's recently been writing a report for a
> > client and it's 50 pages with some images, tables, diagrams and so on - and
> > OOo is crashing. She tells me it's worse then any version of Office ever
> > was.
> >
> > So this is quite a blow.
> >
> > So what next? Get the latest OOo and manually install it (She's running
> > Debian Stable) or manually install LibreOffice?
> >
> > Anyone moved to LO from OOo? How different are the menus, controls, etc?
> > (because that's the biggest concern my wife seems to have!)
> >
> > Gordon
>
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Not sure if it helps or not, but I have been using OO 3.0.1 for years
> now. I cannot remember the last time it crashed (if it did?!). This is
> on Ubuntu 9.04.
>
> I would like to get install the latest stable version of Libre Office
> - but its just another thing i have not not around to yet.

Am currently running LibreOffice 3.4.3 OOO340m1 (Build:302) from Debian
Testing and have not had any problems with it: all menus, controls are the
same.

I have been meaning to switch my wife from Ubuntu 10.04 with oOo 3.2 as
hers crashes and has problems with multiple tables. Been meaning to move to
Debian Testing but all the talk of Gnome kinda worries me. Will have to do
something this Christmas

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately