Re: [LUG] Getting to grips with CUPS ..

On 03/09/11 21:01, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> The inkjet is a HP Photosmart 2570 - a very nice little printer - USB
> with it's own power supply. It stops printing about 5/6 of the way
> through a page... No obvious errors, then it becomes "disabled" in the
> printer configuration tool that Gnome has. This printer has worked OK
> for a few years under Win XP.

Sounds familiar... I had something like this. If it is the same the
problem was being logged - it was something like the conversion into
postscript was failing (i.e. nothing to do with CUPS but a low level
driver fault).

It was a known Debian bug with a workaround, but I don't have notes to
hand. I hit it after upgrade to Lenny (it all "just worked" before).

I think I just posted two messages that both have "it will be in the
log"... suggests a good place to start looking....