Re: [LUG] iPod Touch 2G Mounting Problem

On 08/03/11 00:44, Stephen Harris wrote:
Nothing mine automounts his brings up error
On 7 Mar 2011 11:33, "Rhia Knowles"<rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 7 March 2011 11:01, Stephen Harris<albafrost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hey, My friends gotta little problem when plugging in his iPod Touch 2G
(4.2.1 Firmware).
All we get is the iPod charging sound and then linux brings up an error
"DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a
reply (timeout by message bus)"
Help Appreciated :D

Tux :)
Which software are you trying to use to sync his Ipod?

i see something similar to this if i use gnome to connect to my website via ftp, usually if i have another file manager window open somewhere, i usually have to connect to ftp first the open another window and go to where my site is locally.

not sure if this helps, its not quite the same thing but maybe you needto make sure other file manager windows are closed first.

i think the file manager thing in gnome is called nautilus

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day