Re: [LUG] Playing flash

George, if Firefox is just vanishing... do you see an messages in the
kernel log reporting something along the lines of (it is in plain
english but the wording may not be exact) "I am out of memory, killing
something"

Last time I saw behaviour like that, this was what was causing it:
Linux has a very aggressive memory management strategy, and the best
cure it to make/enlarge a swap partition so it doesnt need to 'kill
something'