Re: [LUG] GRUB Problem while installing Kubuntu 8.10

If you are Reinstalling the OS you can choose to use existing, or
reformat the disk
The installer should do this for you.

Was the broken OS on LVM (Logical Volume Mangler) by any chance?

Can you type any commands at the Grub prompt>?

if it fails it should sit with a grub prompt ie
grub>

type here
execute 'find /boot/grub/stage1'

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 11:53 +0000, John Hansen wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:

> >> Kevin,
> >>
> >> I would like to try your suggestion but all I get is the above message.
> >>
> >> I have tried pressing F2 to get to setup and F12 to check boot sequence
> >> but nothing other than the same message.
> >>
> >> I am stuck!
> >>
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=43591
> > may cover it
> > Tom te tom te tom
> >

> > Tom,
>
> Thanks for that link. However I think I shall have to format the Hard
> disk and reinstall.
> Now I just need to remember how to format the HDD!
>

> John W

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386