Re: [LUG] Simple serverside mail filtering...

On 04/12/2007, Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:24:25 +0000, "Mike Martin" wrote:

> > specific
> > getmail).
> > question)
> >>
> >> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?id=FetchmailMaildropImap
> >>
> > Depending on how you want them filtered, you could either
> >
> > setup seperate users
> > use  evolution to create IMAP folders, then create a filter to send to
> > these folders
>
> Cheers Mike, however I want to have the filtering done on the server, not
> at the client end for one simple reason... I sometimes need to use "other"
> client applications (including webmail... I'm trying out various suites).
> I also want to avoid using seperate users for this as you can (normally)
> only login to one user mail account at a time with webmail, unless you have
> multiple tabs/windows open... something I wish to avoid.
>
> Cheers.
>

> --

Ah but this is the beauty of it - you only need one client running
evolution and filtering to the IMAP foldrers (not local folders) and
its done on the server, including send,draft  etc

And you dont need to using evolution to look at/ send mail

Note - I mean filter and not vfolders/search folders

I've done it quite often