Re: [LUG] Perl: need to add path to @INC

On Saturday 02 Aug 2003 7:39 pm, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> I'm looking in the wrong places, obviously, how do I do that,
> please?

Usually I get this message when a module isn't installed - Perl is a little
cryptic in this respect. Instead of telling you it isn't installed, it says
it can't find it.

If you have the module you are trying to use (the first part of the message
should indicate it) you can put it into the cgi-bin or if you have root
access, install it using CPAN.
http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=documentation
http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_install_Perl_modules
perl -MCPAN -e 'install section::module'

The message can also come up if the script uses require for a local library
file and you are trying to execute from the command line.

--

Neil Williams

http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?sn=Neil+Williams