Re: [LUG] Backups and Storage

On 24/11/14 14:51, Simon Avery wrote:

> Everything you say - and also  an automated system elsewhere on your
> lan. (In a different physical building ideally - for fire backups, but
> in a loft/elsewhere/hidden might do for theft/data loss)

Same LAN has issue with lightning potentially, wireless can help here.
Unlikely, but I've loss kit to lightning, never drives admittedly,
although that may be more to do with overland power lines.

Cloud is probably fine for backups, since as long as you monitor it,
even if they disappear you can just switch to a new backup provider.