[LUG] listing hardware

Hi

Just been chatting on #ubuntu-uk about memory,  they told me about a
command called

dmidecode,

which lists stacks of hardware information for the computer,  this could
be very useful to people here who need help but are unsure what hardware
they have.  you need to be root or use sudo to run it.

Don't forget that dmidecode > hardware will dump the out put to a file
so if need be it can be printed  or attached to an e-mail.

Paul

PS : I know a lot of people here already know stuff like this,  so i
guess this will be of more beneficial to new users,   and the output
will help more experienced users solve any problems.

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111