Re: [LUG] OT: TFT's with 1:1 pixel mapping (no screen expansion)

Julian Hall wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Ahh the annoying stretch everything to fit feature.
> I have to admit I've never noticed this on any TFT.  My previous 17" AOC
> or my current 19" Acer.  Just yesterday I was playing the demo of Tomb
> Raider Anniversary - in 1024 * 768 (monitor naive resolution is
> 1280*1024) because my graphics card is a relatively old Nvidia Geforce
> FX5600 256Mb.  I saw no sign of stretching.
>
> Incidentally although it's an old card this is the *only* game where I
> have yet experienced slow frame rates - and that was only next to a fast
> flowing river.  I don't personally buy into this 'You must have the
> latest £300 graphics card for decent gameplay'.  Hell even Doom 3 played
> fine with this card.
>
> Kidn regards,
>
> Julian

Well it's not stretching as such (unless it's a widescreen display) but
it's blurry if you don't run it at it's native resolution.  I certainly
notice it on my home desktop PC when I run it at 1024x768, and it's
really noticeable (and annoying) on the Dell monitors at work.

Funny though, I don't notice it on my LCD TV as much when I'm running
the PC through it.

Rob